Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2021

Hurumanu 1 Heroes

Hey everyone, today I am making a blog post to show most of the work I did in Hurumanu 1. Hurumanu 1 is about heroes and what are some of the characteristics of a hero. Here is what I wrote:


In Nga Tangata, Hurumanu 1 we studied the lives of some local, national and international heroes. A hero is a person or a group who is admired for their heroic acts or achievements. I made some slides about six sporting heroes. They were Ryan Nelsen, Chelsea Bremner, Richie McCaw, Valeria Adams, Lebron James and Serena Williams.

I also made some slides about a local hero named Don Beaven and he helped with Diabetes treatment & prevention in Christchurch. We read about a musical group called Crowded House. They were said to be ‘Heroes for One Day!’ when they performed in Christchurch recently. We discussed the meaning of ‘Hero Worship’. The Hero I worship is Cyborg. Some of the earthquake heroes from the 2011 Christchurch Earthquake were George Piper, Tony Tamekahau, Joseph Tehau Rohio, Evan McLellan and Kent Huxford.

I also wrote about myself as a superhero. My alias was Zoom, here is my story:

Hi, I’m Zoom. I am a social guy and I never get to school late! I am still getting used to controlling my speed, I can actually slow down time but it sometimes happens at the wrong times. Like I had a test and I finished early, there were ten minutes left but I accidentally slowed down time and it took a whole hour!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful work Kareem. You've created very informative paragraphs and I love your alias 'Zoom' (maybe he'll appear in future stories and sequels?). Great job!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.