Pages

Tuesday 2 March 2021

Hands on Fire

 Aim:

I want to safely light my hands on fire.


Activity: In pairs we need to come up with a list of 5 safety things that need to be considered when doing this experiment.

1. Fire extinguisher

2. Safety glasses

3. Tie up any long hair

4. Remove jewellery

5. Keep the fire away from flammable items


Instructions:

1. Collect your equipment.

2. Pour some water into the tray.

3. Squirt some detergent into the water.

4. Put on your safety glasses.

5. Tie up any long hair.

6. Take off any jewellery.

7. Wet your hands, wrists and arms.

8. Bubble the gas into the water.

9. Scoop the bubbles but not the water.

10. Hold the bubbles in front of your face with your arms locked.


What my senses say about this experiment:


I saw a big flame in my hands.

I felt a bit of burning on my hand but it wasn't too painful. I also felt a bit nervous when I was about to go.

I heard people react to the fire.

I smelled burnt toast on my hand after the fire was gone.

1 comment:

  1. Kareem I liked the way you placed your aim and activity at the top though I wished you added images in it as well, it reminds me of science when I was year 7.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.