Pages

Friday 24 May 2019

Cultural Diversity Day 2019

Cultural Diversity
Yesterday was Cultural Diversity Day at school. In the morning, we came over to the amphitheatre, Mr Wilkinson said that there were about 24 different countries at school. There was a flag parade, people were showing their flags around the amphitheatre. After that, Whakamanawa sat in a circle and we shared some things about their culture, I didn't know where some people came from, I found it quite interesting learning about other people's culture. I am filipino, so I wore some filipino clothes. My mum made a sticker with the Philippines flag on it and I put it on my shorts.

Me under the Philippines flag.



In the afternoon, some people did some cultural performances. There were many performances like some dancing and singing. 
A cultural dance.

Using Poi.

American Poem

Samoan Drums.

Fijian song.

Fiji National Anthem.

It was fun learning about other people's culture and countries. I didn't think there were 24 countries represented at school. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.